Top 10 Interview Blunders
TOP TEN INTERVIEW BLUNDERS
A Holiday Season Gift for Recruiters and Their Candidates Everywhere
** As featured on the front page cover of December, 2006 issue of The Fordyce Letter The Top Ten interview blunders that cost people jobs and offers have been compiled from nineteen years of record keeping and observations. And now for the drum roll please.
The Top Ten Blunders are:
- Poorly Designed/Unflattering Resume
- Bad Telephone Interview Etiquette
- Neglecting to Research Company
- Lack of Position Knowledge or “Client M.D.O.”
- Inadequate Interview Closing Techniques
- Dropping the ” Post-Interview Follow-up” ball
- Failure to Follow Recruiter Instructions
- Forgetting to Ask for the Job
- Email Addiction
- Circumventing your Executive Recruiter or Staffing Consultant
Gary Perman is President of Perman Technical Search Group, a national search firm that specializes in recruiting Executives to Engineers in the technology industry since 1996.
If you have questions about this article, feel free to contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our Blog for Technology discussions,
Interviewing advice, comments relating to
IT, Software, Technology issues.